Our group’s next meeting takes place this Thursday at 6pm.
WHERE: San Jose Peace & Justice Center, 49 S. 7th St. (Off E. Santa Clara St.), San Jose.
GETTING THERE: VTA’s 22, 23, 64 and 522 Rapid bus lines stop 50 yards from the Center. It’s 1/2 block frm San Jose State University and the 72, 73 and Highway 17 Express bus lines.
We will discuss the following at Thursday’s meeting:
- VTA bus rapid transit (BRT) projects for El Camino Real & Alum Rock
- The current status of transportation reauthorization in Congress
Any other concerns you have can and must be brought up first.
See you this Thursday!
Founder, Silicon Valley Tranit Users
The Silicon Valley Transit Users will have its next meeting on Thursday, September 29 at 6:00pm at the San Jose Peace & Justice Center. It’s at 48 South 7th Street in San Jose. Here’s a map with VTA bus and light rail directions on getting to the San Jose Peace & Justice Center.
The agenda for next Thursday’s meeting:
- What our position should be on the proposed El Camino rapid transit plans. VTA will start public meetings on the corridor on Thursday in Mountain View.
- An update on expanded service on the 23 & 522 Rapid bus lines next year to address overcrowding seen on those bus lines – particularly at rush hour
- Documented, successful ways to contact VTA Customer Service for issues with using the bus or light rail system.
The goal of our meetings: to ensure you are better informed and thus better able to hold the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) more accountable in providing better service to you. See you next Thursday!
Founder, Silicon Valley Transit Users
You wonder why our web site has a red background instead of the usual white background today.
It’s because we are showing support as part of a nationwide effort to preserve public transit funding in Congress today. Details are below.
Read more →
Tomorrow, July 28 at 6pm is the date and time of the next Silicon Valley Transit Users meeting in San Jose. All are welcome to attend and contribute.
More details on the meeting agenda with a map and directions for getting to our meeting are below the jump.
Read more →
As you’ve noticed, our group’s new web site is now running in WordPress format. Let’s go over some of the new features which I know you will enjoy…
Read more →