Got a compliment or complaint about public transit in Silicon Valley? Do you want to be better informed on meetings and workshops affecting public transit in Silicon Valley? We can help you – from letting you know the right official(s) to contact, to helping you write effective letters.
From the list below, select the topic of interest. After selecting the topic, click the ^ next to the title of the topic (found after the Table of Contents) to return to the top of this page.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Altamont Commuter Express (ACE)
- California Transportation Commission (CTC)
- Capitol Corridor
- Highway 17 Express
- Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC)
Here are several steps to best register your concerns and get results:
- Select your complaint or compliment category for the issue(s) you wish to address from the list seen above.
- Compose a written, dated letter to that official (or officials) and/or staff member(s) indicated.
- Send a copy of your correspondence to the Silicon Valley Transit Users, P. O. Box 390069, Mountain View, CA 94039-0069 (email: email@example.com).
- When contacting any official above by telephone, try to call only during normal business hours (9am-5pm) and BE POLITE when you call! Make sure to take down the name and title of whoever answers your telephone call.
- If you notice others with the same issue you have, get them involved as well and have them use the same steps here. Remember: there is strength in numbers.
The San Jose/Silicon Valley Chamber of Commerce (who we are NOT affiliated with) maintains a list of state and federal elected officials who represent Silicon Valley.
Note that these tips are based on one used by the transit advocacy group in New York City that helped inspire us – the Straphangers Campaign.