Highlights of a Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) open house in Santa Clara on Monday will be available this evening.
(Apologies for the delay in posting this. There have been some personal issues I have had to deal with.)
At our group meeting last Thursday, we discussed the need to get the word out on being safe as a pedestrian. This issue is in light of recent and tragic incidents such as:
- A pedestrian vs. cyclist collision on the campus of San Jose State, where an 89-year old female pedestrian involved died
- A freight train vs. automobile collision in Morgan Hill where a 20-year old woman who allegedly drove her SUV onto the railroad tracks was killed by an oncoming freight train
- This near-miss of a Caltrain vs. pedestrian collision in Redwood City:
We also discussed VTA’s plans for transit service to Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, and a meeting in Mountain View April 9 to determine transit needs in the Palo Alto and Mountain View area. Of the latter, member Michael Ludvig recommended increased service frequency on the 51 bus line (Moffett Field-De Anza College).
Lots of catching up to do…
Founder, Silicon Valley Transit Users
First, a couple of reminders: on Monday, July 4, many Silicon Valley bus & rail services will be running on a Sunday/Holiday schedule. In addition, all Caltrain fares and parking fees increase July 1. Note that this will be the last weekend transit update before our site is converted to the new format you are viewing now.
Here is your Independence Day weekend public transit update. It has tips for Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) buses, VTA light rail and Caltrain service for events like
- San Jose Earthquakes Soccer @ Stanford (with post-game fireworks!) Saturday night
- San Jose SaberCats Arena Football Friday night
- NKOTBSB (New Kids On the Block & Backstreet Boys) concert @ HP Pavilion in San Jose
- Fireworks shows throughout Silicon Valley, including San Francisco’s BIG fireworks show
Information on public transit access to these events can be found after the jump.
Here’s your weekend update for Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) and Caltrain service to various cultural, sports and recreation events like NCAA Baseball in Santa Clara, San Francisco Giants baseball, and HempCon at the San Jose Convention Center.