This is your Silicon Valley weekend transit update for September 9-11, 2011. It’s your guide for Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) and Caltrain service to events throughout Silicon Valley.
This update includes public transit information on events like
- Mountain View’s Art and Wine Festival this weekend
- San Francisco 49ers’ home opener vs. Seattle this Sunday at 1:15pm
- San Jose Earthquakes soccer v. Chicago Saturday night at 7:30pm in Santa Clara
- San Jose Giants’ playoff baseball on Saturday and Sunday @ Municipal Stadium in San Jose
This comes on the tenth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. To that end, you are strongly encouraged to stay safe when riding any VTA bus, light rail or Caltrain this weekend. You are also strongly encouraged to report any and all suspicious activities to the authorities as soon as possible.
Read more →
This is your weekend update for public transit-accessible events for the weekend of July 30, 2011. Included are bus and rail access to events like the Gilroy Garlic Festival, Bank of the West women’s tennis at Stanford this weekend. In addition, we list VTA bus and Caltrain service to the San Jose Earthquakes match vs. DC United in Santa Clara Saturday night.
Note that the next blog update will have notes from our group meeting in San Jose on July 28.
Read more →
First, a couple of reminders: on Monday, July 4, many Silicon Valley bus & rail services will be running on a Sunday/Holiday schedule. In addition, all Caltrain fares and parking fees increase July 1. Note that this will be the last weekend transit update before our site is converted to the new format you are viewing now.
Here is your Independence Day weekend public transit update. It has tips for Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) buses, VTA light rail and Caltrain service for events like
- San Jose Earthquakes Soccer @ Stanford (with post-game fireworks!) Saturday night
- San Jose SaberCats Arena Football Friday night
- NKOTBSB (New Kids On the Block & Backstreet Boys) concert @ HP Pavilion in San Jose
- Fireworks shows throughout Silicon Valley, including San Francisco’s BIG fireworks show
Information on public transit access to these events can be found after the jump.
Read more →